Pages

happy birthday + my favorite day

Thursday, October 1, 2015

As I sat down to my blog tonight, I wasn't quite sure where to start. I asked Scott what he thought I should write about and he suggested that I write about my day. That's quite fitting, really, because today has always been my favorite day of the year & starting twenty-five years ago, it's always been Scott's birthday. What a happy coincidence that my favorite person was born on my favorite day...it's made the celebration extra sweet, for sure.

I would usually take the time to describe why I love October in great detail & I would try to capture a bit of it's magic through words. But tonight, the only thing I want to talk to about is how absolutely thankful I am that I got to spend my favorite day with the best guy in the world. 

Years ago, I would never have guessed that we'd be where we are now, but I am so grateful that this is where my life has taken me. By my side, I have someone who is incredibly caring, passionate & selfless. My needs are always met, even when his aren't. He teaches me every day to be a better person and he shows me through action what it means to live a life of integrity. 

While I usually can find all the words to say, this one leaves me quite speechless at times. I'm forced to simply sit back in awe of someone who gives so much and try to find rest in the silence that comes from a language that isn't spoken, but rather felt through a love I never knew really existed. 

To my knight in shining armor, I wish the happiest birthday in the world. I can't wait to adventure through twenty-five with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)