Pages

fall capsule wardrobe!

Saturday, October 3, 2015

I am really excited that I've got my fall capsule wardrobe finished*!   *almost

I'll be honest, this was an incredibly easy task to complete thanks to my mom who took me shopping for my birthday a few weeks early and also because by nature, I gravitate towards cool weather -friendly pieces. Even after this past spring/summer when I made an effort to have season appropriate clothing, I had several that also will work great this fall. Additionally, where I had to pretty much start from scratch for my spring/summer wardrobe, I had several pieces that I tucked away in a box that were just waiting to be let out for this season!

I'll also be completely honest by admitting that my wardrobe isn't 100% completely done, but it's so close that I'm ready to share it. I'm missing a few staple pieces (I need both a long sleeve black and white shirt, and also a pair of flats) and then I'd really love to add a fun printed legging. Scott and I are on a ridiculously tight budget until the end of October while we're paying the initial down payment on our home, so I'm making do with what I have until November!

So, without anymore waiting...here we go!

First up, tops! I am obsessed with sweaters & flow-y cardigans. The bulk of my capsule is here & I couldn't be happier about it! There are a few things I'll be switching out over the next few months, like the denim button up on the top row. It fits well but isn't made of the best material for me, so I'm on the hunt for the perfect one. There are also a few pieces I may part with before my capsule is over with, like the pink sequence shirt. I love that shirt and it looks great paired with a black blazer for a night out, but I remember never wearing it last year even though I had the same intentions. If after a two months I never reach for it, I'll swap it for a more versatile piece. I also have two black blazers but I'll probably let the dressier of the two go as well...I always say it'll be perfect for the holidays but I never actually wear it.


The rest of my capsule is quite plain! I have 1 sweater dress, one nicer dress, one pair of black leggings, one pair of black dress paints, one pair of skinny jeans & one pair of relaxed fit jeans. I have only three pairs of shoes for fall: two wedges & my Keds. I'm on the lookout for the perfect pair of fall boots & a pair of flats but I haven't fallen in love with anything yet so I'm trying to be super patient! 

And that's it! I have 34 pieces total for fall which is kind of crazy because I absolutely love fall clothing and this is my smallest capsule yet! To be honest, this is probably the smallest amount of clothing I've ever had in my closet but I can say that I really like each piece. I also have room to add about 10 pieces without feeling guilty over the next few months which is exciting because I really love shopping for fall clothes! One part of the capsule lifestyle that always turns me off is the idea that you don't shop during that season...and that's really not my style! So I'm excited to add my own twist to the capsule rules by allowing myself to add a few pieces while starting out with the bulk of it already complete. 

So that's it! What does your capsule look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)