Pages

thredup

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A few days ago I read a post from Brittany at Invasion of Personal Space about a company called ThredUp & I'm so glad I took the time to investigate it a little more. The concept is pretty simple: you can both sell & buy clothing from this online consignment shop! Just for trying out the shop & signing in I got a $20 credit (and so did Brittany for referring me... pretty awesome!), so I was extra eager to find a great deal.


After browsing for a bit I found this cute cardigan, new with tags, for only $29.99 with an advertised retail value of $80! With my $20 credit, I put it in my cart for only $10. I did have to pay for shipping since my order was under $70, but even that made my total under $16, which I consider a success! I wasn't planning to add another cardigan / sweater to my fall / winter capsule but I really liked this one. The others I've added to my new collection (which I'll be posting about on Oct. 1) have busier patterns & won't transition as easily into later Winter, so I think this one will be a great piece that seems to be made well.
Before I submitted my payment, though, I did do a little research. After googling the brand of sweater and doing a quick browse of Macy's website (the brand this cardigan is from), I easily found this item for sale through their website. Listed here for $69 ($11 less than ThredUp had it described), I got to see a different view of the sweater & decided I still really liked this piece... especially for the discounted price. I definitely recommend searching for the piece you're planning to purchase through ThredUp first if possible!

One thing I really love about this is that you can actually earn credit for referring friends, and your friends get credit for their purchase (just like I did!). So if you're thinking about purchasing, you can follow this link and get $20 off your first purchase! I'm excited to get my cardigan in & I'll definitely point this item out when I post my wardrobe in a few weeks.  

Until then, I'm dreaming of fall weather cool enough so I can wear this anytime I want! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that sweater! It is adorable and would be perfect dressed up or down. I can't wait to see your fall capsule wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)